By visiting the website, you acknowledge and agree that:
- All content on the website is owned by Wendy Mak and is intended for your personal use only. The content on this website, including all text, graphics, video, audio, software code or logos, is not intended for distribution and must not be altered, modified, reproduced, distributed or commercially exploited.
- Wendy Mak reserves the right to add, remove or amend content on the website without notice.
- Whilst Wendy Mak has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information on the website, the information and content on the website is subject to change without notice. We provide no representation or warranty that the content on the website is accurate, complete or up to date. Wendy Mak will not be held liable for any errors in the content or material displayed on this website, for any actions you take in reliance on them or for any loss or damage that may arise directly or indirectly from the content.
- Content on the website is for general information purposes only and is current at the time of first publication. You are responsible for determining the validity, quality and relevance of any information, material or service before acting or relying on it to ensure that it meets your particular requirements.
- The website may feature third party advertising or content. Wendy Mak does not control the content or accuracy of information on such websites. Wendy Mak does not in any way represent that the advertiser and their products or services are endorsed or recommended by Wendy Mak. Links are provided for your reference only and Wendy Mak excludes all liability and responsibility for the content or operation of these third party websites.
- To sign up to the newsletter service, you must provide your name and email address.
- If utilising a Wendy Mak subscription service, user names and passwords shall be issued for personal use only.
- All personal information you enter on this website is held within our Customer Relationship Management / Electronic Direct Marketing (“CRM/EDM”) system for the purposes of sending newsletters.
- By registering your details with us you warrant that you are 18 or older and that you are registering yourself or are authorised to register on behalf of the person whose details you are entering. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the newsletter without notice, for any reason, if you have breached these Terms.
Terms and Conditions of Sale – hardcopy books
Your purchase of any books in hardcopy form, from the website is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale. If you do not accept these Terms, you must refrain from making a purchase from this website.
- Books (“the product”) as described on the website is the intellectual property of Wendy Mak and is protected by the applicable intellectual property laws. Wendy Mak retains all intellectual property rights to the product.
- The product will be available for you to make an offer to Wendy Mak via the website to purchase at the price specified on the website. Where Wendy Mak accepts your offer, Wendy Mak will sell the product to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- You and Wendy Mak may enter into a contract for the sale and supply of the product, by you:
- placing an electronic order via the website;
- confirming the order details in accordance with the procedure on the website;
- making payment in full via the website; and
- Wendy Mak receives in its account, full payment from you for the product.
- All payments must be made in full prior to delivery of the product.
- To enter a contract for the sale of the product with Wendy Mak you will be required to provide your name and postal address.
- All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST where applicable and postage charges within Australia. Prices are subject to change.
- Wendy Mak will endeavour to post your order to you within two (2) business days from the date you placed your order. Orders will be delivered by Australia Post and are subject to Australia Post delivery times.
- The website employs PayPal secure payment gateway to secure our payment systems. Wendy Mak is not responsible for the operation of the PayPal system.
- To the extent permitted by law, Wendy Mak will not be responsible for any damages or consequential losses (direct or indirect) suffered by a user where a PayPal account is fraudulently used or is used in an unauthorised manner.
- If the product ordered by you arrives damaged you may have:
- rights under the Refund Policy; or
- legal rights and remedies in Australia under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and other rights under other consumer laws applying in each Australian state and territory.
- Please choose carefully as Wendy Mak will not provide you with a refund simply because you have changed your mind, or the product was not what you expected.
Terms and Conditions of Sale – Kindle e-books
- www.Amazon.com and not Wendy Mak manage the sale, payment and delivery of any Kindle e-book.
- All prices are in the currency as specified on Amazon.com. Prices are subject to change.
Collection of Personal Information
Your personal information is not collected if you only browse this website.
When you purchase products from this website, you will be asked to submit personal details about yourself via an online form. The information you submit or send electronically is received by our network and stored in our CRM/EDM System.
In completing an online form, you accept that you have granted us consent to use any personal information we obtain from you for business and marketing purposes. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services
We do not collect your credit card or banking details as online payments are managed by a third party payment system and Paypal. However, in the event these payment systems are not available, we will send an invoice to your nominated address which includes payment details.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related or ancillary purpose.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, unless authorised or required by law.
Our site may use information recording software such as ‘Cookies’ to provide the repeat user experience however we do not monitor your individual activity on our site.
We may use the information you provide to send you newsletters, publications or other information about us, our websites, our products and services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please inform us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
We endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please provide us with the correct information and inform us if your personal information changes. You may update your personal information at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. There are circumstances where access to your personal information may be refused by us. If we deny access to your personal information, we will advise you of the reason for the denial.
Whilst we take care to protect your personal information on our CRM/EDM, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. We do not guarantee that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or damage to information transmitted by email.
Links to other sites
We may provide links to other websites which are owned or operated by other parties. We are not responsible for the quality, currency and accuracy of information on any other site to which we provide a link. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these other parties.
If you are concerned with the way your personal information has been handled by us, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.